Want to have fun and raise funds to support refugees in Scotland? Here are 17 fab fundraising ideas to get you started.
1. Have a kick about. Hold a five-side match or a friendly football tournament and ask for a donation from each player.
2. Enjoy a coffee morning with some delicious home baking.
3. Host a talent show or karaoke night.
4. Sweepstakes can be a fun and easy way to fundraise.
5. Organise a non-uniform day at your work or school! Suggest a small donation to take part.
6. Hold a potluck meal. Encourage everyone to bring a dish and make a donation.
7. Do you or your pals like performing? Organise a gig, put on a play, have a comedy night or arrange a battle of the bands. Find a suitable venue and sell tickets to your event.
8. Celebrate your birthday by setting up an online fundraiser on Facebook or JustGiving.
9. Host a quiz night and ask each team for a donation.
10. Do a step or mile challenge. Set yourself a target and start fundraising.
11. Hold a film night. Invite your pals round to watch the latest blockbuster or a movie classic. Get out the popcorn and ask your guests to donate the cost of a cinema ticket.
12. Organise a game of who’s who. Encourage everyone to bring in a baby photo, then get people to match the pictures to the names. Ask for a donation per guess.
13. Get creative by hosting a craft evening and ask friends for a donation to take part. Pick a creative skill you can teach them or choose something you can all learn together.
14. Sell your creations online or pitch a stall at your local makers market or craft fair. If you’re selling on eBay, go to eBay for Charity and select Scottish Refugee Council.
15. Host a wine tasting event. Throw in some cheese for added fun. Sell tickets and donate the takings.
16. Organise a ceilidh. Invite all your friends and dance the night away!
17. Hold an auction. Find a space, or set up an online page where people can place their bids.
Once you’ve completed your fundraiser, it’s time to make your donation. Please remember to send a quick email to email@example.com to let us know how the money was raised.