Our storytelling project
Traditionally, charities use case studies to show the impact of their work. While this is important for fundraising and impact reporting, case studies usually benefit the organisation more than the person telling their story.
Our storytelling project seeks to support people with lived refugee experience to tell the stories that you want to share, on your own terms, on whatever platform you feel most comfortable.
Our storytelling project:
- creates opportunities for people with lived refugee experience to speak out in the media
- builds your confidence when speaking out
- provides you with tools to take care of yourself when speaking to media
- supports you build your network
- connects you with other media and storytelling opportunities
Media training workshops
Our media training workshops seek to equip participants with an understanding of how the media works and tips on how to look after yourself when working with the media.
Watch this space for more information about upcoming skills workshops. We can also offer bespoke skills workshops for your group.
If you are interested in finding out more, contact our Storytelling Officer.
"Meet a journalist" events
These are an opportunity for refugee communities to connect with journalists in a safe environment, where you can:
- Ask questions about how the media works
- Talk about the issues facing your community
- Talk about concerns you have about speaking to the media
- Share what your group is up to and discuss potential media stories
If you are a journalist and would be interested in being contacted about this, please sign up here.
We have worked with Open Aye and community members to create a best practice guide for community groups when taking photographs of their work and the people they work with.
For examples of what to think about when commissioning a photographer, and template consent forms, click on the links below.
This project is part funded by the EU Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund. Making management of migration flows more efficient across the European Union.