The horrendous incident which happened at Park Inn hotel in Glasgow is devastating for communities in Glasgow and across Scotland.
The Home Office and Mears Group have serious questions to answer about using hotels to accommodate people seeking refugee protection. We will continue to raise these issues and continue to seek accountability but right now our focus is on supporting the many people affected by this horrendous situation.
In response we are:
- Encouraging people with refugee status or in the asylum system affected by this situation to call our helpline and speak to our advisers 0141 223 7979
- Checking in with all of our clients on their safety and wellbeing
- Supporting refugee community organisations and discussing their questions and concerns. Groups can contact us at email@example.com
- Offering one-to-one support to people evacuated from the Park Inn.
- Linking people in the hotels with community groups and providing practical support to those who need it.
- Working with the amazing refugee support sector in Glasgow to make sure people in the hotels, especially those moved from the Park Inn hotel, have their immediate practical and essential needs met.
Thank you for all your messages of support and solidarity at this most difficult time.